Professional shotgun microphone for film and video production. Compact size ideal for mounting on small cameras that use the Mini XLR input.
- Short length ideal for mounting on compact cinema cameras
- Works with BMPCC 4K and 6K cameras Mini XLR input
- Works with Canon C70 Mini XLR inputs
- Hardwired output cable with 3-pin Mini XLR connector
- High sensitivity, low noise condenser microphone element
- Wide frequency response for accurate audio capture
- Supercardioid polar pattern for rejecting side noise
- Powered by P48 phantom power
- All metal case for resistance to RF and durability
- 10 year warranty with online registration
The SGM-250MX is a short length, condenser shotgun microphone that is ideal for mounting on compact digital cinema cameras. Measuring a mere 6 inches in length, the SGM-250MX can easily stay out of the way. Integrated in the microphone’s design is a hardwired, 13-inch cable with a Mini XLR connector, specially made for cinema cameras that use the smaller Mini XLR input, such as the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K. The microphone’s highly sensitive, condenser element is powered by standard 48 V phantom power, which most XLR (Mini included) microphone inputs can provide.
The SGM-250MX includes Azden’s SMH-X shock mount which mounts to standard size camera shoe slots, as well as ¼”- 20 threaded mounts and tripods. Also included are diameter expander sheets for universal compatibility with ring-clamp style microphone mounts.
Legendary Natural Sound
The SGM-250 microphone series has become notable in the industry for its natural, professional sound. Specifically tuned to preserve the natural qualities of a speaking subject. While other manufactures hype-up the bass response on their microphones, making the audio sound muddy, or over-accentuate high mids, making dialogue tracks sound harsh, you can expect the SGM-250MX to accurately record the sound of your scene.
Not Just A Reference Microphone
You can rely on the SGM-250MX for great reference audio, but it’s capable of more than that. Its low noise, and wide frequency response performance means it can capture audio good enough for the final cut. Whether you run and gun, mount to a pistol grip or a boom pole, the SGM-250MX can be your go-to mic for great dialogue capture.
In The Box
- SGM-250MX microphone
- Shock mount holder
- Carrying pouch
- Rubber sheets